The Industrial Standard
- The most trusted industrial multimeter in the business
- Designed and built in the U.S.A.
- Lifetime warranty
New features for maximum productivity
- Unique function for accurate voltage and frequency measurements on adjustable speed motor drives and other electrically noisy equipment (87V)
- Built-in thermometer conveniently allows you to take temperature readings without having to carry a separate instrument (87V)
- Optional magnetic hanger for easy set-up and viewing while freeing your hands for other tasks
- Large digit display with bright, two-level backlight makes the 80- Series V significantly easier to read than older models
All inputs are protected to the 2nd edition of ANSI/ISA S82.01 and EN61010-1 CAT IV 600V and CAT III, 1000 V. They can withstand impulses in excess of 8.000 V and reduce risks related to surges and spikes.
Correctly measure pulse-width modulated motor drive signals
Until now, there hasn’t been a multimeter able to accurately measure adjustable speed drives. But the new Fluke 87V is designed specifically to handle these complex signals. Think of the potential productivity you’ll gain by taking the guesswork out of drive system troubleshooting. Measurements are correct each and every time.
- Unique function for accurate measurements of noisy pulse-width modulated AC voltage. Measures correctly at the ASD and at the motor terminals
- Accurately measure the frequency (motor speed). Frequency measurement not affected by the ASDs carrier frequency
- Measure AC current with an optional current clamp accessory
- Compare reading from the 87V with the display on the ASD
- Special shielding blocks high frequency, high-energy noise generated by large drive systems
Fluke 80 Series V Digital Multimeters
The most trusted industrial multimeter in the business
From the control room to the plant floor, the Fluke 80 Series family of digital multimeters has earned its reputation as the digital multimeter industrial technicians trust. When productivity is on the line, the Fluke 80 Series delivers the accuracy and advanced troubleshooting capabilities you need to solve problems fast.
Use its low pass filter function to measure voltage and frequency accurately on electrically “noisy equipment like adjustable speed motor drives. Use the peak capture function to detect intermittent problems and transients as fast as 250 micro seconds (µs).
And work with confidence. The Input Alert function gives you an audible warning against wrong use of input jacks. Fluke 80 Series multimeters are independently tested for use in CAT IV 600V/CAT III 1000V environments. They can withstand impulses in excess of 8,000 V and reduce risks related to surges and spikes.
At Fluke, our ideas come straight from the job site. We work with users like you to create test tools that do the job you want for as long as you need it—and give you full value. We design and build Fluke 80 Series multimeters in the U.S.A. The 80 series is backed by our limited lifetime warranty. And we back them with our limited lifetime warranty so you can work smarter, faster and safer.
|True-rms ac voltage and current for accurate measurements on non linear signals|| || ✓ |
|Selectable filter for accurate voltage and frequency measurements on motor drives|| || ✓ |
|0.05 % dc accuracy|| || ✓ |
|6000 counts, 3-3/4 digits|| ✓ || ✓ |
|4-1/2 digit mode for precise measurements (20,000 counts)|| || ✓ |
|Measure up to 1000 V ac and dc|| ✓ || ✓ |
|Measure up to 10 A, 20 A for up to 30 seconds|| ✓ || ✓ |
|Built in thermometer lets you carry one less tool (TC probe included)|| || ✓ |
|Frequency to 200 kHz and % duty cycle|| ✓ || ✓ |
|Resistance, continuity and diode test|| ✓ || ✓ |
|10,000 µF capacitance range for components and motor caps|| ✓ || ✓ |
|Min/Max-Average recording with Min/Max Alert to capture variations automatically|| ✓ || ✓ |
|Peak capture to record transients as fast as 250 µs|| ✓ || ✓ |
|Relative mode to remove test lead interference from low ohms measurements|| ✓ || ✓ |
|Auto and manual ranging for maximum flexibility|| ✓ || ✓ |
|Touch Hold to capture stable readings avoiding noisy signals|| ✓ || ✓ |
|Large display digits and two-level bright white backlight for increased visibility|| ✓ || ✓ |
|Analog bargraph for fast changing or unstable signals|| ✓ || ✓ |
|Input Alert provides audible warning against wrong use of input jacks|| ✓ || ✓ |
|Improved selectable sleep mode for long battery life|| ✓ || ✓ |
|Access door for fast battery changes without breaking the calibration seal|| ✓ || ✓ |
|"Classic" design with new removable holster with built in test lead and probe storage|| ✓ || ✓ |
|Lifetime warranty|| ✓ || ✓ |